What Is Framework ?
- A framework is a platform for developing software applications.
- It provides a foundation on which software developers can build programs for a specific platform.
- For example, a framework may include predefined classes and functions that can be used to process input, manage hardware devices, and interact with system software.
- Framework provides set of rules and regulations for developing a software.
- Framework provides an architecture to develop software in a structural and logical manner.
- MVC is a most common feature used in frameworks.
- In Simple Words, Framework is a set of rules and regulations and have a library inside it.
Introduction To Laravel
- Laravel is a PHP based web framework for building high-end web applications using its significant and graceful syntaxes.
- It comes with a robust collection of tools and provides application architecture.
- Moreover, it includes various characteristics of technologies like ASP.NET MVC, CodeIgniter, Ruby on Rails, and a lot more.
- It facilitates developers by saving huge time and helps reduce thinking and planning to develop the entire website from scratch.
- Open source PHP framework.
- Uses the Model-View-Controller (MVC) design pattern.
- An alternative to CakePHP and CodeIgniter
TAYLOR OTWELL – CREATER OF LARAVEL
- Taylor Otwell developed Laravel in July 2011, and it was released more than five years after the release of the Codeigniter.
- Laravel is a PHP based web-framework like Codeigniter.
- Laravel follows the model-view-controller (MVC) architectural pattern.
- Laravel is one of the most popular PHP frameworks after Codeigniter
Some essential features provided by Laravel are:
- Routing controllers
- Configuration management
- Authentication and authorization of users
- ORM (Object Relational Mapper) features
- Provides template engine
- Building schemas
- E-mailing facilities
Need For Frameworks
Framework is a basic templating structure that is used to develop, test, and deploy applications rapidly and efficiently.
Purpose Of Frameworks
- Provide abstraction
- Handles repetitive and menial tasks.
- Arranges things in a logical structure.
- Reuses and assembles existing components, dependencies, and libraries
- To build Web applications in a structured manner
Features Of Laravel
- Convention over Configuration
- MVC Architecture
- Artisan Command for Automation
- Helper Functions
- Extensive Library
Convention Over Configuration
- Can predict the dependencies
- Automate the configuration related tasks.
- Reduces the time and effort required to set up and configure services
- Suitable for Rapid Application Development (RAD)
Artisan Command For Automation
Artisan is the name of the command-line interface included with Laravel. It provides a number of helpful commands for your use while developing your application. It is driven by the powerful Symfony Console component.
- Automation tool
- Used to create models, views, and controllers
- Used to create dummy server
- Perform database operations
Listing All Available Commands
To view a list of all available Artisan commands, you may use the list command: php artisan list
- Global PHP functions
- Reduces time and effort
Helper functions are classified as follows:
- Arrays and Objects
- Includes a lot of popular and commonly used libraries
- Reduces time and effort
Code snippet that allows inclusion of external libraries using the composer package manager:
Composer require < library-name >
Click Below Link to Download Notes Of This Blog
No responses yet