We need 4 things in this laravel installation.
- Wamp Server / Xamp Server / Mamp Server
- Composer (Dependency Manager For PHP)
- Text Editor: Visual Studio Code, Brackets, Sublime Text etc.
- Git Bash: It also provides command line interface to include third party packages.
Composer (Dependency Manager For PHP)
- Composer is a tool for dependency management in PHP.
- Composer provides you CLI to run commands.
- It allows you to declare the libraries your project depends on and it will manage (install/update) them for you.
- It helps us installing/updating various requirements/components for our app such as Laravel framework.
Download Wamp Server From Below Link
Download Xampp Server From Below Link
Download Composer From Below Link
Download Visual Studio Code From Below Link
Download Git Bash From Below Link
Note: For Step By Step Installation see above video.
After Installation – Install Laravel, By Using Composer – Enter This Command In Visual Studio Code Terminal, Command’s given below:
composer global require laravel/installer
Command For Creating New Project
laravel new project_name
Change PowerShell to Bash
- Step 1: Go to File tab in vs code then go to preferences and then go to settings.
- Step 2: there is a list in left hand side, and from that list select Features.
- Step 3: In features list, select Terimnal then scroll downward and then click to Edit in settings.json.
- Step 4: Remove all data of settings.json then in the curly brackets pass the path given below.
- “terminal.integrated.shell.windows”: “C:\Program Files\Git\bin\bash.exe”