- What Is Python?
- History Of Python.
- What Can Python Do?
- Why Python?
- About Python
- Features Of Python
- Famous Applications Developed In Python
- Your Future With Python
What Is Python?
- Python is a popular programming language
- Python is a general purpose high level programming language.
- It was created by Guido van Rossum, and released in 1991 (27 february)
It is used for
- Web development (server-side)
- Software development / desktop application development
- Console Application
- Mobile Application
- Data science
- Machine Learning
History Of Python
- Python idea was initiated in 1980’s.
- Python’s implementation was started in 1989.
- Creator of python GUIDO VAN ROSSUM was born in 31 January 1956 Haarlem Netherlands.
- He creates python at the time of working in national research institute Netherlands
- Reason behind setting up the name python.
- Generally python is a snake.
- Monty python’s flying circus. (British comedy drama series)
Versions of python since beginning
- Python 1.0 — 1994
- Python 2.0 — 2000
- Python 3.0 — 2008
- Python 3.7. documentation released on 18 December 2019
What Can Python Do?
- Python can be used on a server to create web applications.
- Python can connect to database systems. It can also read and modify files.
- Python can be used to handle big data and perform complex mathematics.
- Python can be used for rapid prototyping, or for production-ready software development.
- Python works on different platforms (Windows, Mac, Linux, Raspberry Pi, etc).
- Python has a simple syntax similar to the English language.
- Python has syntax that allows developers to write programs with fewer lines than some other programming languages.
- Python runs on an interpreter system, execution line by line meaning that code can be executed as soon as it is written. This means that prototyping can be very quick.
- Python can be treated in a procedural way, an object-orientated way or a functional way / MULTI-PARADIGM PROGRAMMING LANGUAGE.
Top Programming Languages in 2021
- C / CPP
- C# (CSHARP)
- Python is a high-level, interpreted, interactive and object-oriented scripting language.
- Python is designed to be highly readable.
- It uses English keywords frequently whereas the other languages use punctuations.
- It has fewer syntactical constructions than other languages.
Python is Interpreted
Python is processed at runtime by the interpreter. You do not need to compile your program before executing it. This is similar to PERL and PHP.
Python is Interactive
You can actually sit at a Python prompt and interact with the interpreter directly to write your programs.
Python is Object-Oriented
Python supports Object-Oriented style or technique of programming that encapsulates code within objects.
Python is a Beginner’s Language
Python is a great language for the beginner-level programmers and supports the development of a wide range of applications from simple text processing to WWW browsers to games.
More About Python
- Python is a case sensitive language.
- Python is an oop Language.
- Python is dynamically typed language.
- Python is more readable.
- Indentation is used in place of curly braces. (tab key)
- Use Variable without declaration
Features Of Python
Easy-to-learn − Python has few keywords, simple structure, and a clearly defined syntax. This allows a student to pick up the language quickly.
Easy-to-read − Python code is more clearly defined and visible to the eyes.
Easy-to-maintain − Python’s source code is fairly easy-to-maintain.
A broad standard library − Python’s bulk of the library is very portable and cross-platform
Features Of Python
Interactive Mode − Python has support for an interactive mode which allows interactive testing and debugging of snippets of code.
Portable − Python can run on a wide variety of hardware platforms and has the same interface on all platforms.
Extendable − You can add low-level modules to the Python interpreter. These modules enable programmers to add to or customize their tools to be more efficient.
Databases − Python provides interfaces to all major commercial databases.
GUI Programming − Python supports GUI applications that can be created and ported to many system calls, libraries and windows systems, such as Windows MFC, Macintosh, and the X Window system of Unix
It can be used as a scripting language or can be compiled to byte-code for building large applications.
It provides very high-level dynamic data types and supports dynamic type checking.
It supports automatic garbage collection / memory management.
Famous Applications Developed In Python
Your Future With Python
- Gui Application Development With Python
- Web Application Development With Python
- Python For Mobile App Development
- Python For Data Science
- Python For Machine Learning
- Python For Iot
You should have a basic understanding of Computer Programming terminologies. A basic understanding of any of the programming languages is a plus.
Click Below Link to Download Notes Of This Blog
No responses yet